Pages

Thursday 21 March 2019

Science

On Tuesday we did an experiment with coke. we put the coke into a beaker and let it simmer for a while, once it boiled up we collected the vapor into a test tube to make fresh clean water. The way we did that was we set up a tripod and put a bunsen burner underneath the tripod. Next, we put the gauze on top of the tripod. After we that we put the beaker on top then poured the coke into the beaker to let it steam up.

Equipment:
tripod
beaker
bunsen burner
test tube
gauze mat
boss head and clamp
retort stand

Diagram:
Image result for diagram tripod
Questions:
1. How does distillation separate teo different liquids?
Ans: The boiling points of the liquid are different.

2. What are the two chemical processors happening during the reaction?
Ans: Vaporization and 

3. How is distillation used in real life? Name some examples.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eddie, great blog you wrote a lot this lesson! I like how you explained the experiment in your first paragraph, such as collection the vapor. Next time try complete the questions in your own words and do some research into how distillation is used.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.