Pages

Friday 15 February 2019

Science

Stuff we need:
Test tube

Boiling tube

Bunsen burner

Wooden splint

Bottle of acid

Metal

Safety glasses

                                            Hypothesis
My hypothesis is that the acid and the metal will start to make hydrogen, then when you light up the match stick then put it in the beaker it will start to make an odd sizzling noise. That is my hypothesis in our experiment.



Method
  1. Light your bunsen burner
  2. Add your sample of metal to your test tube. add 2 ml of acid
  3. carefully invert the boiling tube above the test tube containing the metal and acid.
  4. Hold the test tubes together for a few minutes, allowed time for the inverted boiling tube of fill with gas.
  5. when you think the tube is full, your lab partner should light a wooden splint.
  6. carefully, but quickly, tilt the boiling tube full of gas upwards and insert the burning splint into the mouth of the test tube.
Observation
We put a piece of metal into a tube of acid then put our thumb over the tube...




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.