Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Sience (Acid Rain)

What is acid rain?
Acid rain is chemical weather, buildings, and statues made up of rocks that can get damaged during the acid rain. The acid rain is caused when chemicals in factories, cars, or any other type of technology that uses fossil fuel, coal, oil, and natural gases burned, these gases go up into the atmosphere where the clouds are and contaminates the clouds making the clouds turn acidic.

Method:
  1. set up Petriadd 
  2. add few drops of water to these
  3. add spatula of sodium sulfate to weigh boat
  4. take starting photo
  5. add 5 drops of sulfuric acid and quickly put a lid on
  6. watch and take a photo
Observation
I saw the different types of things that we put in, the blue litmus turned red as you can see on the picture, the two drops of chemical turned a different color as you can see, the calcium carbonate should have started to get eaten away but I guess it needs more time and the leaf should have started turning brown 




1 comment:

  1. Great start Eddy! Why did all the things change colour? what did that show you?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.