Pages

Monday 14 September 2020

Wind racers

Today in science we are making wind racers for the next four periods. So I will be updating this blog as we go through this. 

Method:To make adjustments to the cart so it can blow further when we use the wind or the leaf blower, for this to work we need to make a big one and make sure the wind blows it perfectly. 


Design: We are going to make a wide triangular sail for our wind racer, We will use newspaper to make a triangular sail, we will also use sticks, strings/rubber bands for support.


Equipment:

  • New paper
  • Sticks 
  • Tape
  • Hot glue
  • Pieces of wood 
  • Pole
  • Rubber bands or strings

Today in science i started making our sail. Stitched it with string and and now it starting to come together. I've also set up my stand for where the sail is gong to stay. I will be reinforcing it with sticks and cardboard next time i do this. 

last week on Friday we had a test race to see what we could improve on our wind racers. That was really good for us and gave us some things to work on our wind racers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.